for the ‘poetry community’
1) Poetry corrupts language.
2) A typical poet is a mentally incurious, unimaginative, status-and-gossip obsessed phrase-stealing dedicated imitator of fashion.
3) Despite evidence and assertions to the contrary, most poets are the cringing creatures of the status quo.
4) The music of poetry is tone-deaf. And cheap perfume.
5) It raises hopes. Then thwarts them.
6) It rhymes. Often, and in public.
7) Its comparatively few sincere practitioners are condemned to a lifetime of anguish at the reality of their unfortunate election of art.
8) It drove me to drink.
9) Metaphor is a method of stealing food.
10) Longfellow was a poet
11) Like religions, and politicians, it feeds on the suggestible.
12) This is a poem.
13) It is a conversation with no-one.