Tuesday 5 January 2010

The Dalkey Archive

The Dalkey Archive (Harper Perennial Modern Classics) The Dalkey Archive by Flann O'Brien



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

O'Brien, but possibly not De Selby, would appreciate how I came to re-read this: I was in a pound shop, as we call them in Britain, when among the batteries that exhaust in a day and the year-old crisps, I beheld, I think that's the right verb for the occasion, a whole row of this book, without companions.

I had to buy one, even if it cost me a quid.



In the name of A Bash in the Tunnel and the Third Policeman



Amen



View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

  1. Chancer!!! If there are any left, buy three more and post them to me, and I'll send you a cheque for £3 + carriage.

    Why only 4 stars?

    Rodent's Revenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. It lost a star because of the re-used material. Or should I write 're-cycling'? Besides, it asked to be tried high.
    I'll investigate the other matter.

    ReplyDelete